FC Goa Thriller victory Against Mumbai City FC

FC Goa came back to winning ways and moved to the highest point of the Indian Super League (ISL) table with a 4-2 win against Mumbai City FC at the Mumbai Football Arena on Thursday. The goal feast started with Lenny Rodrigues giving Goa the lead in the 27th match. The guests multiplied their lead with a Ferran Corominas (45′) strike just before half-time. The second half scored three goals over the course of about ten minutes, with Mumbai City is balancing with brisk session through Golui (49′), Chakrabarti (55′) and later Boumous (59′) returning the visitors in lead.

Carlos (89′) scored another late in the game to rub further salt into Mumbai’s injuries. Sergio Lobera’s group grabbed their second win of the match and are on with 8 points after four rounds. Mumbai is fifth with four in their kitty. Mumbai would not kick back and give Goa a chance to pass the ball around in the opening minutes, yet the hosts, in any case, neglected to test Mohammed Nawaz’s goal during that match.

This allowed the visitors to get back into the game. In the 27th match, a Brandon Fernandes corner-kick discovered Lenny with simply enough space inside the crate to take a touch, transform and place his shot into the base left corner of the net to score his first goal for the club. Mumbai reacted well and squeezed high up the field. Bipin Singh’s cross from the flank was met by Subhasish Bose, who headed it in the way of Diego Carlos. The Brazilian striker hit the side-netting from a terrifying position, leaving the Goan defence relieved.

At the stroke of half-time, Goa carved the Mumbai defence open with a basic yet successful passing move. Boumous fed Seriton Fernandes in behind Bose and the full-back’s cross in the centre was well received by Ferran Corominas who took a touch and found the net to score the Gaurs’ second goal. The house turned out for the restart with revitalized force and hit back right away. Mohammed Larbi’s corner-kick from the left found Golui at the far post and the defender, left completely unmarked, nodded a looping header into the net. Bipin’s cross into the box was initially cleared but the ball fell to Raynier who laid it off for Chakrabarti to execute an excellent strike into the bottom corner.